Sunday, December 28, 2014

Another Year, Another Birthday

I'm going try and get back into blogging! It has been way too long, and I'm not sure how long it will last, but I did enjoy it before. So tomorrow I will be 28. It's crazy to think about that. 30 is right around the corner. Every year at my birthday a friend mine likes do this thing where we mention three great things that have happened this year and three things we are looking forward to in the next year. I'm not going to bore you all with the things that am looking forward to/hoping will happen in the next year, they are always the same for the most part. This year has brought about a lot of transitions and changes, so I am going to share three great things that happened to me this year. Let's go in order...

1) New Job- In April I started a new job at First Baptist Children's Ministry. I could not be happier! It's funny because when I first got my degree in Child Development, I remember telling my Mom if I could choose where I wanted to work it would be First Baptist. I knew a lot of kids that went there, and I heard nothing but great things about the center. Plus it's a church, so I wouldn't have to hide my love for Jesus, instead that would be something I could share with my kids. In April my dream came true. I am so thankful to have a job that I love. My co-workers are amazing, and I have made friendships with a lot of them very quickly. I teach 3-4 year olds, which is where my heart is. It has been a great experience and I am looking forward to many more years at FBCM!

2) New House- In June, I made the decision to move out on my own! It was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I love my parents, but there is nothing like being on my own, and doing what I want do when I want to do it. I also love that I can have people over at my house. During this process I have learned to cook, which has been fun! I am looking forward to cooking some more with new things that I got for Christmas. I am so close to everything, and it is perfect! I am also learning to budget-when you live on your own, you have a lot of bills to pay. I could not have made it without my parents help, but I am so thankful that I was able to do this! I have learned a lot about myself which has been good! In just a few weeks, I am going to have a new neighbor which I am also very excited about!!

3) New Church-which also brings new community! The month of November brought a change in church membership. Since I moved to Lincolnton I started going to Freedom. Most of my friends go there, and since Pastor Clint came he brought a lot of people around my age that I have built relationships with. I loved Mount Anderson, but it's about a 20-25 minute drive my house. Freedom is about 2. I prayed a lot about this decision, for months and months because I wanted to make sure this is where God is calling me. I felt the Lord speak clearer than ever during this time. So Freedom is now home, and I am growing, learning more about Christ. This also brings a new community. I have made some great new friends during this time that I will forever be grateful for. I'm also thankful for old friendships that have grown because we are seeing each other more often. I am thankful to have a great group of people to do life with!

So 27 brought about a lot of changes, which were all good! So bring it on 28 let's see what you got!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment