Saturday, February 26, 2011

The 90s

So today I was reminded how great it was to grow up in the 90s! Today on the way to Blowing Rock my roommates and I were jamming out to some Spice Girls and Nsync. Two of my favorite bands in the world. The first concert was I ever went to was a Nsync concert, and believe me I thought that I was in heaven. It just reminded me how good the music really was back then and how different it is these days. I felt like back then every song I heard on the radio I could relate to somehow. I miss those times. The times when my room was completely covered in Nsync memorabilia and I lived for the days when a new cd of theirs came out. It just so crazy how much our lives has changed, but how the moment I hear one song it can take me back to being 14 years old and being with the person I loved the most at the time. All these memories come flooding back, and I think that I am finally at the point where I can look back on those memories and smile. I can remember how great they were and how at that time I didn't have a care in the world. Also the television shows during the 90s were so different from how they are today. Boy Meets World was one of my favorites because it was just so good and so realistic expect for maybe the love that Cory and Topanga shared that started when they were young. I remember watching that show and thinking I wanted a love like theirs. So here are so of the many reasons why I loved growing up in the 90's...

1) Boy Meets World
2) Beverly Hills 90210
3)Clueless-a classic
4)Dawson's Creek
5)Nsync
6) Spice Girls
7) Achy Break Heart-which my cousin and I wore that song out because we played it 100 times a day.
8)These were the days when children actually played outside. I remember my mom making us go outside almost every day after school if we didn't have dance or something.
9)Dance-one of the greatest memories of my childhood. Some of the best times in my life.
10)Life-in general just seemed much easier during the 90s.

Being a 90s kid was great and I am so glad to have grown up during this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment