Saturday, November 26, 2011

taylor.

Today marks a very special day. Today is my roommate Taylor's 22nd birthday!! My very first semester at App there was a very quiet girl who sat two people over from md in a history class. I would have never thought that girl would be the best roommate and such a great friend as she is now. I met her through that history class and a mutual friend. During the next semester we hung out a few times in a group, but I still didn't really know her. I guess our friendship truly began one weekend when it seemed like everyone left Boone but us. We rented a movie on Friday night (which has now become our Friday night ritual) and went to Los I think (which happens often). Then on Saturday we made breakfast and just hung out. This was only the beginning, Christmas came around and I knew that I needed a place to live for the next year...I was kind of panicking. Come to find out, Taylor didn't have anyone to live with as of yet either, so we said why not? Little did I know that this would be the best roommate situation I have ever been in. We are so different, but like a lot of the same things and so it works. We both like for things to be clean, movies on Friday nights, mexican food, and wine. She loves baseball, and I love football. We both have our days where we are in mad moods and neither one of us wants to talk. We are both graduating December 18th...thank goodness! Now we spend out nights watching Dancing with the Stars, Glee, and Modern Family. We spend Friday night watching movies and most of the time baking something from Pinterest. Last weekend she got to come home with me and experience good ol' Lincoln county. She keeps me sane, and promised me if I ever went to jail she would bail me out! We have made so many memories that I will always cherish! It's hard to believe in less than a few short weeks we will no longer be roommates. 
On this special day, the day of her birth I want her to know what a blessing she has been. Good roommates are hard to come by and I can truly say she is one of the best. I am so glad that God placed us together a year and half ago. 
Happy Birthday Tay! I hope you enjoy your day and feel celebrated all day long! I can't wait to celebrate with you when we get back to Boone. I am so thankful you are my roommate. Love you!













No comments:

Post a Comment