Saturday, April 16, 2011

Time

Something is definitely in the water these days. Everywhere I turn someone is pregnant or getting married, but pregnancy is the biggest thing right now. My cousin Jenna welcomed her third child this morning, a sweet baby boy named Harper O'Neal. I love that name! Speaking of names, we have this tradition in our family where if you have more than one kid they are always named with the same initial. My mom did it with my sister and I, my Aunt Kaye did it with her kids-they are all J's. And now that they are having kids, they are doing it too. So it is only right that I keep up the tradition whenever I have kids-who knows when that will be! It is so funny for me to think about Jenna having a third child today because we are the same age and I am not married, nor have kids. She seems so happy and I am so happy for her! Our lives are changing thats for sure-growing up, graduating from college, getting married, having kids, etc. Sometimes I wish we could go back to those summers where my sister and I went to Georgia or Jessica and Jenna came here. We were all so close and I am so thankful that I got to grow up with them.
Harper O'Neal Ellerbee

Time is flying. This weekend consists of many wedding festivities for my friend Emaly who is getting married next weekend. Today is the bridesmaids luncheon and bachelorette party-both which I think are going to be great! I can't believe she is getting married. We have been friends since the 9th grade when she wore her butterfly clips in her hair everyday. I told her we needed to get her some for the wedding for old times sake! I am looking forward to today and being around the people that I love. Next weekend is the wedding and then not long after that I will be heading to Columbia to watch my little sister graduate from college. What?!? My sister is graduating from college. I can hardly think about it without wanting to cry. She has turned out to be my best friend and such an amazing young woman. Can't believe this day is coming so soon! I couldn't be more proud!


Time is flying. Life is changing. But I refuse to let it pass by with any regrets!

1 comment: