Friday, May 20, 2011

Friends

Don't get me wrong I love summer, but I have been home for three weeks now and I don't know it just feels different. Summer time in college is very different than summer time in high school. When you are in high school, most of your friends all live in the same town as you so if you want to seem them over the summer you all make the effort to do that. But, in college most of your friends (my friends anyway) are from many different places around the States, so most of the time it is hard to see them over the summer unless we make a HUGE effort to see each other. I am not saying that my college friends don't make the effort because I know that I don't either, because the fact of the matter is that it's hard. During the semester when we are all at school it is so easy to see them every night or every day in class. I guess this is the first semester in college where I have gotten really close to the people that I had classes with (FCS majors...love yall). It has been a lot of fun, and I guess I am little sad too because a lot of them graduated and so I may not see any of them ever again. That is a very hard concept to grasp. The friends you make in high school are for the most part because you have been in school with them your whole life, and you are probably around the same age. Of course when you graduate high school and leave for college it is hard, but nothing like graduating college and stepping into the real world. The friends you make in college are because they truly want to be your friend, not because you are the same age, or wear the same clothes. I have said that college is about meeting new people, and I truly believe that I have met some of the most amazing people during my past 2 years at ASU. I am so thankful for these friends.
Speaking of college friends, I am attending my first wedding tomorrow with the first friend I ever that I made in college that doesn't live in the same city as me! Ms. Valerie Cottrell is becoming Mrs. Daniel Langdon tomorrow! Valerie is the first person who opened her arms to me and decided to show me what college was all about. We spend many nights cooking (tacos most of the times), watching American Idol, painting our nails, and just hanging out. These are moments that I will cherish forever! I am so excited to watch her marry her sweetheart tomorrow. 
So as summer moves on, I am missing my college friends but know that things will be the same once we return to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment