Thursday, May 26, 2011

I Love You This Big

You all already know how much I love television, and how I am pretty much addicted to every show I watch. Well American Idol has been one of those shows that I have always watched. There have been many years where the person I loved won. I picked Carrie Underwood from day one-and I love her more today than I did then. She is simply amazing! Last year, Lee was my man-loved him, and thought he was great. But something was different this year. From day one I was a Scotty McCreery fan. It didn't hurt that he was from North Carolina, but something about him, his voice maybe, his looks, or the feel that he is just a good ol' country boy drew me in from the very beginning. I grew up listening to country music-it has been my life. I enjoy other things to, but I feel like country music tells a story, and somehow, someway those stories seem to fit into my life perfectly. The fact that Scotty was singing country was another plus. I honestly think America just fell in love with him, I know I did. On the finale when he sang, "I love you this big." I just melted-thought that song was precious! I wasn't really nervous until Lauren sang her song to her mama. And don't get me wrong I don't dislike Lauren, but I love Scotty. So I voted forever-can't even remember how many times I voted, craziness I know. So last night it came down to the final minutes. Anna and I were sitting on my bed, holding on to each other's hands for dear life, anxiously waiting to hear Ryan Seacrest say "After the nationwide vote, the winner of American Idol season 10 is Scotty McCreery." And he said it. We were screaming, jumping up and down. You would have thought we had just won the lottery. Seeing how happy his parents were just melted my heart. One of my favorites moments when Scotty was "I love you this big," after he had been announced the winner, he didn't make that moment all about him. He gave thanks and hugs to the people that got him there and I thought that was precious. Let me just say I have all of his songs downloaded and I am so ready for an album. Country music has gained a good one that's for sure!



  


Congratulations Scotty!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment