Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Graduation Weekend

This past weekend was so fun! First off, we headed to Columbia, SC on Thursday night for my sister's graduation on Friday. I can't believe my little sister graduated from college. It was a great time for me and my family. After graduation we went back to my aunt's house for my sister's party. We cooked hamburgers and hot dogs and just had an all around a good time. Whitney opened up all her gifts, she got some pretty awesome ones by the way! I gave Whitney a picture frame of pictures of us since she went to college and also the book "Something Borrowed." to put in office when she becomes an editor. We cut the cake and then the real fun began...the dancing! This was such a fun time with all of my family out on the deck, dancing and not having a care in the world. Later that evening, a few of us went out on my aunt and uncle's boat. They live on the lake and that late night boat ride was so much fun! Saturday we spent the whole day out on the lake. Saturday night we went to see "Something Borrowed," which Whitney and I have been anxiously waiting to see. Thankfully, my mom, two of my aunts, and Ashley joined us. I was so glad this was something we all got to do together. It was a great movie I thought and I can't wait to see it again.  

On Sunday morning we headed to Boone for my cousin Forthe's graduation. After his graduation my aunt had a reception for him at an Italian restaurant in Boone. This was another fun time with family, great food, and an open bar which is always a plus! We all shared stories about Forthe and watched a video. I didn't realize how emotional I would be. Of course the hand check joke was brought up which made my cry laugh and then I just couldn't get my emotions under control. I told my sister later, it is a good thing we didn't have to give a speech at your party  cause if I cried like that at Forthe's I would have never made it through Whitney's. The party was fun. We headed back to the hotel and told everyone bye. We headed back home on Sunday.

Spending all these days with my family made me realize how grateful I am for them. I feel like at Christmas because we only get to see each other for one or two days we don't get to really connect and talk about important things. That happened this weekend and was so grateful to spend some quality time with my family and celebrate two amazing people and their accomplishments. Congratulations Whitney and Forthe! I love you both and am so proud of you guys!!

Here are some pics from the weekend...

On the way to Graduation!

In the Coliseum right before Graduation

Something Borrowed 

The frame

late night boat ride

I'm on a Boat

A day on the lake!

Forthe's Graduation


No comments:

Post a Comment