Saturday, September 10, 2011

September 11

On September 11, 2001 I was sitting in Mr. Shanklin's ELPS class at East Lincoln High School. We had just returned from lunch and Mr. Shanklin had the tv on. We saw what was going on and I think we were all shocked. I can't even imagine what the look on my face was. I was thinking what in the world? I have never witnessed anything like this in my life. What do I do? What do we as a nation do? How could someone do this to our country? All of these thoughts were running through my head. Luckily, it was good to be in that class at that time because being in an History class, Mr. Shanklin wanted us to know that this day would be a huge part of history one day. He started to explain things, but we all pretty much just stared at the tv for the rest of the day. I was shocked, my heart was breaking, and couldn't imagine being someone who had lost a loved one in those towers. Now, when the plane hit the Pentagon I was even more of a wreck because my Uncle Trey works there, and oh my goodness I was in panic mode. I was calling my mom, she was calling my grandma, who was calling my aunt (uncle trey's wife). When we finally received word that he was okay, I thought I could rest easy for a little bit. 
I say all of that to say this tomorrow marks 10 years since this tragic event happened. Honestly, to me it still seems like it was yesterday. It is hard for me to believe that there are people who were so young or not even born yet who have no idea what happened on this awful day because for me this is something that I will NEVER EVER forget! 
As we remember those who lost their lives, let's remember their families who have to deal with the daily struggle of living their life without the person they love. Let's remember those who are still fighting for us everyday. For those who have served and are currently serving in our armed forces...THANK YOU! A big shout out to my cousins Justin, Josh D., Seth, and Josh P. I hope you all know how much I love and appreciate everything you do for this country! 
Let us never forget that we are AMERICA and we stand UNTIED now and always!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment