Thursday, September 15, 2011

Timing

"Faith in God includes faith in His timing." 

I found this quote the other day on Pinterest which is my new obsession (Thanks Tay)! I am really considering posting this in my room somewhere because I seriously need to be reminded of this everyday. I know that God's timing is perfect, but WAITING is the hardest part. Let's just be honest I am not a very patient person. This quote spoke to me in many different ways. It made me realize that not only am I being impatient with myself, I am being impatient with God, which I am sure breaks his heart. Trusting God's timing seems so easy, but when you have been single for many years and everyone around is getting married it is not the easiest thing to do. I know that God is still preparing my husband's heart and mine which is why he has not brought us together yet. So until that time, I am going to remind myself of this quote daily and will learn that no matter when it happens God's timing is ALWAYS perfect! 


In other news, I got an internship!! I am so excited. I am going to be working in a public school in my hometown with the Pre-K program. This is exactly what I wanted for my internship and God provided! I will begin in January, and honestly I am ready to begin now! Children are my heart and I am so ready to work with them day in and day out. Also, for one of my classes I have to do a service learning project and I am going to be working at the First Learning Center at First Baptist Church in Boone. More experience with children...yay! Everything is starting to fall in place which is proof of God's timing and how He knows just what I need at the right time. So I am faithfully believing, trusting, and praying. I can't wait to see what God has in store for me for this next chapter of my life!!

I do have a few prayer requests that I would ask for you all to help me with...
1. To find a subleaser to take over my room in January since I will be moving home!
2. Patience with my roommates...living with 5 girls is not the easiest thing I have ever done.
3. Stress-free semester. This may be asking a little too much, but because I stress out about  everything, I am trying to do better with this and not stress out so much.

Happy Thursday! 

1 comment:

  1. Winter,

    Love this post! I know exactly what you mean about PATIENCE! I'm sooo ready for God to send me my perfect man, but He has other plans. I have written down your prayer requests and will continue to pray about each one of them. I am so happy for you and all the wonderful things God is doing in your life! He is good!! (: Love you Girl! Have a great week...
    Erika

    ReplyDelete