Sunday, October 30, 2011

It's Great to be a Mountaineer

This weekend was so good! I experienced something that I have never done before, but I will get to that in a minute. I was so excited because the weekend was my cousin Forthe's birthday and he was coming to Boone for the weekend. Just a little background Forthe's mom and my mom are sisters. He is from DC and I would have never thought when we were little that I would get to see him as much as do. We both ended up at App State and it has been great becoming so close to him, I am so very thankful for our relationship! 
Saturday was huge day for Appalachian State as we faced the #1 team Georgia Southern. I went to the game with Forthe and some of his friends. When it comes to football Forthe and I are a lot alike...we are both crazy about some football and I think that is a Vinson thing because the majority of our family is football crazy. So anyway we arrive at the Rock and it is crazy, the place is packed, and I have never heard it be so loud. This was a BIG game!! Forthe and I were so pumped. Every time we did something good...scored a touchdown, got an interception, held them on 3rd down, and held them again on 4th down (which happened every time GSU had the ball during the second half) Forthe and I were jumping up and down, hugging one another (and everyone around us) and screaming!! IT WAS INSANE! Our defensive showed up for sure, there was no way that win would have been possible without the defensive, I know by the end they were so tired, but did their job and did it well. There were 5 seconds left and Georgia Southern had the ball. It was 24-17 APP STATE and we knew this was the last play of the game. I don't even remember what happened on that last play of the game I just remember us WINNING that game!! Then all of a sudden people are storming the field and you better believe that Forthe Carson and I were all up in that. I have NEVER EVER stormed the field before! I had to jump off the wall and I was so scared at first, but also so eager to get out there. So I jumped not caring if I fell on my but or what, I was just ready to go! This was one of the BEST experiences of my life! I will never forget this day and honestly I would not have wanted to share it without anyone else. It was madness out on that field, but I was loving every single minute of it. We were out there for a long time, just taking it all in, taking pictures, and enjoying the moment. So App State defeats the #1 team Georgia Southern and I get one of the best experinces of my life. It was a GREAT weekend, and as it always is but even more so today it is GREAT TO BE A MOUNTAINEER!!!

before the game started
madness of the field after the game
craziness!
yosef
woohoo!!





No comments:

Post a Comment