Sunday, October 9, 2011

One Body

"As a prisoner for the Lord, then I urge you to love a life worthy of a calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace. There is one body and one Spirit-just as you were called to one hope when you were called-one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." Ephesians 4: 1-6


This was part of the focus of our service this morning at Cornerstone Summit. First let me say that I LOVE my church! I also love that this morning my pastor just sat in front of us talked to us like he was having a normal conversation. A message doesn't always have to be someone standing in front of us preaching hard and strong. Today Pastor Reggie talked to us about being one body. We are one body in the kingdom, and we are one body in this community. To be one body everyone has to have a part and everyone has to do that part out of love. All of this really spoke to me this morning because I have been in churches that have not been united together and that is when the devil tries to come in. We as a church and as a body have to stand united. All churches will have their challenges, but it is how a church handles those challenges and overcomes them. 


Loving one another is another point that he touched on. Knowing the people care and love you is a big thing for me. It is such a blessing to me when I receive phone calls, text messages, facebook messages, etc that just say "hey just wanted to see how your week was going." That can change a person's whole week to receive some encouragement from their church family. I will be honest that one of the main things that got me through my aunt's death was those encouraging phone calls that just said, we are praying for you, we love you. Wow...how awesome to know that their are people out there who love and care for you so much. This often amazes me. I realized today that as much I enjoy receiving that love I often don't give it out as much as I should. I need to make more of an effort to call people and tell them that I am thinking about them and that I love them. I am beginning to work on this. 


I thank God for today, and for knowing that I am a part of a wonderful body of Christ, and that whatever my part is it will be done through love. This verse also spoke to me today "But if anyone obey's his word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him. Whoever claims to love in him must walk as Jesus did." 1 John 2:5-6

No comments:

Post a Comment