Monday, March 28, 2011

Crazy Beautiful Life

My life has been crazy this past few week. So this blog is going have a lot of random things in it, so here we go!

It all started this weekend when my Aunt Kathy sent me a message asking if I knew that my dad had hurt his eye. Well no I didn't. My dad and I do talk on a pretty regular basis, but things have just been so crazy that I had not talked to him that week. So of course I went into freak out mode because I was not giving any details and could not get in touch with any of my family members. I FINALLY got in touch with dad and he told me all the details. He was cutting grandma's grass when some trash got into his eye. He cut the corner and he now has a fungus and an ulcer in his eye. I have had an ulcer before and it is no fun. So dad sounded pretty bad and told me that he had been to the doctor everyday and was putting drops in every hour. So I was kinda of okay at that point. I also thought that maybe it was not as big of deal as everyone was making it out to me. So I was looking for someone to tell me it was not that bad which I was hoping would be my stepsister Abby because she is one of the most practical people I know. Well guess what? It is bad and still is. Abby used to work at an eye doctor so she knew how severe it was. So here I sit in another state worried to death. I know that there is nothing I can do, but I wish there was. I talked to dad yesterday and he said it was a little better. Because he still has to put the drops in every hour he is not getting much rest which is needed. So please continue to pray as I am praying every chance I get.

Yesterday, as I got to church. I was a wreck. Upset about my dad, upset because yesterday was my Aunt Lisa's birthday and she is no longer with us. I swore that I was going to keep myself together, but that only lasted about 10 minutes after I got into the nursery to talk to my fellow nursery workers and ask them to pray. I am the luckiest girl alive to have such an amazing, supportive, and praying church family here in Boone. I could not be more thankful. Of course God always knows just what we need because yesterday's service was enough to take my focus off of all the craziness around me and just focus on Christ and his love for me. It is so amazing to know that God loves me through my mess, through the hard times, through the pain, through the heartbreak, whatever I have done or will do God will love me no matter what. That love is hard to find. Yesterday I realized that everything will be okay because with God on my side who can be against me? Nobody. I am so grateful for that.

So although this week/weekend has been crazy, I am thankful for it. Thankful that when the storm gets so rough I can still see the son shinning through. So sometimes life is crazy, but it is always beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment