Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Happy Birthday!

Today is my best friend's 23rd birthday! As most of you know Anna Catherine is currently serving in Argentina as a teacher. On this day-the day of her birth I wanted to take the time to share with you all how great she really is.
Most people who know us know that its no secret that Anna and I have not always been the best of friends. There was a time around the 9th or 10th grade when Anna and I really disliked each other. Mama Neenie picked me, Emaly, and Anna up from school every day and it so strange. It is so strange to look back on it now. I remember when Emaly and I were junior and Emaly had just got a new room in her house. She wrote me this letter that said you and Anna have to come over soon for a sleepover, if yall want to come at separate times that is fine. haha. How funny that is now, obviously we didn't even want to stay the night at Emaly's at the same time. Somewhere during my senior year, something just clicked. I realized that Anna was this amazing young woman of God and someone that I should strive to be more like. She never let the "drama" of high school get her down, and always seemed to walk with the boldness about her. This was the beginning of our friendship. 
Since then Anna has become my best friend, someone that I can depend on for anything. We have spent many nights in the green room, staying up late talking, praying, laughing, crying about husbands (wondering if they are ever going to come). She has been there for me through some of the hardest times in my life, and has been the one person I could constantly count on. We have spent many days on the lake or at the pool, watching seasons of Dawson's Creek, or just enjoying each other's company. Her family has become like my family and I am so grateful for them. I am so blessed to have Anna in my life. She has taught me so many things about God, love, life, and relationships. The one thing that we are constantly reminding each other about is the fact that we do not need a man to complete us. This is a hard one. We both want that so bad, but know with time, and prayer if it is supposed to happen it will.
So to you Anna Catherine Sipe...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I love you so much and miss you more and more each day! Here are so pictures of us through the years...















Anna-no complaining about how you look in these pictures. Each of these pictures represent a special time in our friendship. Thank you for being my best friend! Today, I celebrate you...happy birthday lovely!



No comments:

Post a Comment