Friday, July 1, 2011

SURPRISE!

As most of you know last weekend we threw my stepmom a surprise 60th birthday party! Her birthday is not until July 8th, but we thought if we did it earlier she would be less likely to expect it. I am sure you are all wondering how we got here there. Well that is a funny story. My brother in-law JR's birthday is also in July, only a few days after Pat's. So my stepsisters told Pat that this party was for JR. She believed and asked if she could bring anything. For those of you who know Pat, she isn't going anywhere unless she takes/cooks something. So she made her famous chocolate cake (which we all love) for her own birthday party, but we didn't know how else to get her there. Anyway, so we are all at the church anxiously awaiting her arrival. She walks in the door and we all yell "SURPRISE." She had no idea, and was overwhelmed by emotion. We pulled it off! YAY! This was so great-my stepsisters did an amazing job putting it all together. I am so thankful for this side of my family. The pictures were so funny to look at, let me tell you my stepmom was so pretty, and still is. After the party we went and watched Christopher's ball game. We were out there late, and they lost, but I am glad we got to go. I still can't believe that he is 13. I told Tara (his mom) during the ball game that looking at him made me want to cry because he is so grown. They are all growing up so fast. I am so thankful to have spent a weekend with them! Glad I got to love on Christopher, Alli, and Pat Pat a little bit! Here are some pictures from the events! 
All of us!

The Cake

My dad and I

My stepsister Abby and her daughter Alli

My niece Alli

Opening gifts

My nephew Chris playing ball!




No comments:

Post a Comment