Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fresh Start

So today I went to Boone and packed up the rest of my stuff. It was kind of a bittersweet moment because I have lived at the Highlands since I went to App. I know a lot of people that do not like the Highlands, and have had issues, but for me I haven't really had any problems. I have enjoyed my time there, but I am ready for a fresh start. Moving out of my apartment today really made me realize how fast my life is moving! I only have one more semester left of college...yes I know most of you are like FINALLY I am going to be done. Well I am saying that too trust me. I am very excited to finish my college career, complete an internship, and hopefully find a job. Welcome to the real world. Like I have said before in August I am moving in a house with 4 other girls. I am excited, but also a little nervous only because I have never lived anywhere but the Highlands. I think it will be fine-new experiences are always good. Not having to ride the bus to campus is going to be a blessing, I hated having to depend on that thing to get me to class on time. Walking to campus is going to be good, oh and maybe it will help in the weight department as well!!
Speaking of new experinces, this week I am beginning to work on things for my internship. I am really nervous about, not about the internship part itself, but just about getting everything lined up and actually getting an internship. Once I have one I think it may be a sigh of relief. I am beginning to email people this week. There is one daycare center in Denver that I am looking at, and then I am going to try all the Mor-at-4 programs just because I would like to be in a school system. Because they are cutting back so much I am not sure if they will have room for interns. Please join me in prayer for finding an internship!
In other news, the NFL lockout is over...yay! For those of you who know me know that I love some football. College and NFL. Sunday afternoons would not be the same without football. I am excited for the upcoming season and beyond excited to see what my Saints & Drew Brees are going to this season :) 
This week has been pretty quiet, my parents got back on Sunday I have spent most nights at home hanging out with them. On Thursday I am having dinner with my long-lost friend Tricia! I am so excited, we have so much to catch up  o . She is going to Kenya at the end of August for a year..I am so excited for her and know that the Lord is going to bless her tremendously.
Things are changing, life is continuously moving, and a fresh start is exactly what I need right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment