Tuesday, August 16, 2011

End of Summer

I cannot believe summer is almost over, it has gone by entirely too fast! I wanted to update you on what has been going on. This past weekend we celebrated my friend Meredith's bachelorette party. She is getting married on September 24th and I am so excited for her. We spent the day at the lake, went to dinner, and back to her grandparents place for a night of fun and laughter. We played some fun games and watched Mer open her presents. She got a lot of cute stuff. Funny story though my friend Erica and I bought her the same thing. Guess great minds think alike! I used to work with almost all the girls in attendance and one of them I have known since high school. We all used to be so close, and this weekend made me realize how much I miss spending time with them on a regular basis. We used to do something together every single weekend, and now we hardly ever see each other. I guess that is all a part of growing up considering most of them are married, have kids, or engaged. It's funny because it seems like yesterday we were all having fun, enjoying life, and didn't have a care in the world. Boy, have times changed. I am so glad I got to spend some quality time with the girls!
Sunday, I went to a Vi shake party at my friend Jessie's house. Afterwards we laid out at the pool and went to dinner. I enjoyed this time with her as well. Jessie worked at South Mountain Baptist Camp all summer so I have not seen her at all. We got to catch up on things that had happened this summer and things that were currently going on in our lives! We also talked about how excited we are that this semester our houses are in walking distance of one another in Boone. It is going to be so great, being so close to one another, almost like old times when we used to live together! 
Thursday I am going to the beach for a much needed vacay with the girls. I am so stoked. I have not been to the beach all summer. I think this is just what I need before school starts and I have to get focused. I am going to the beach until Sunday and then back to school on Monday. It will be a busy time, but I am excited to just relax at the beach. I can't wait to smell that ocean breeze...ahh!
So as summer draws to a close I am preparing for one last beach trip with the girls and then getting ready for my LAST semester in Boone. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment