Wednesday, August 24, 2011

LAST semester

Well the time has come again. School has started. I really can't believe that this is my LAST semester of college! I am so ready. I know that everyone says once you get out you wish you could go back, but for those of you who know me know how long it has taken me to get done so to say that I am ready is an under statement. That's not to say that I have not loved every single minute I have spent in Boone (expect for the wondrous blizzards, of course), but I am just ready to be done with school. I honestly would love to live in Boone again at some point because I do love this town. Why in the world I decided to take 17 hours my last semester, I have no idea. I can already tell this semester is probably going to be the death of me. One of my teachers emailed the other day and said that they were changing one of my classes that was supposed to be Tues/Thurs during the day to only be on Thurs nights. Which means I have class on Tuesday nights, Wednesday night, and Thursday night. In cause I haven't mentioned it already I HATE night classes. They last so long, and by the time they come around I am drained from the day and just want to go home. Also, I am starting my days much later than normal. My earliest class is at noon and I am so not used to that. I have been waking up at 8 and not knowing what in the world to do without myself until time to go to class. Thankfully, I start my job tomorrow and will have that to keep my busy. Oh, and the new education building is FINALLY ready. The FCS department where I work and all my classes are, are in that building and I love it. It is so nice! I am still not really in school mode yet, but I guess I need to be because I already have a million things due next week. Oh well, maybe it will hit me this weekend. I am just still trying to get adjusted to my classes, my house, etc. 
In other news, I finished reading The Help today. What an amazing book! The second book ever that I have cried when reading it. I would definitely recommend it for all. You really start to feel for the characters and get a real taste of what life was like back with blacks and whites didn't get along. I am going to see the movie Friday with some of my roommates and my friend Jessie! I am so excited. I am glad I finished this book before I really got into the swing of things at school because I would have no time to finish it, but I did...yay!
Here's to my last semester at ASU praying and hoping that I will make it through. Can't wait to walk across that stage December 18th.

1 comment: