Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Moving Day!

So this past Sunday, my parents and I packed up my furniture to move all my stuff into the house that I am living in this semester. We have been so lucky that this is the only year that we have to had to move furniture. The other years my apartment has always been furnished, so it has never been an issue. I felt so bad for my parents because the weekend before they had to go to Columbia to move my sister into her new place. Then they had to turn around the very next weekend and move me in. Let's just be honest, my parents aren't as young as they used to be and I.B.'s health isn't as good as it used to be. So I was really worried about him doing all this moving. We loaded up the truck Saturday night with the box springs, mattress, and my dresser (that was my granny's and isn't the lightest thing in the world). I put a lot of things in my car including my desk chair, tv & vcr. I wanted to take everything I could this weekend because I am not going back to stay until August 22, and school starts on the 23. Lucky for me I am going to the beach the 18-21 so there will not be a lot of time for packing and all that. The only thing I left to take is my clothes! Anyway, we head off Sunday morning and of course we have to pull over several times because the tarp keeps coming undone...are you kidding me? We tied that rope as tight as it could go and it still came loose when we started driving. I.B. finally got it tied down and we were on our way. Mom and I prayed the whole way there that I.B.'s truck would make it because last time they came to get me in the blizzard his transmission went out! Thank goodness we made it this time!! About the time we hit blowing rock it started raining..of course! I checked the weather the night before and it said afternoon showers it was 11 am. Anyway, most of the furniture was covered except for some few open spots in the front. We arrived at the house, and hurried and got all the furniture out in the rain with my roommates help. We actually got everything done in a good amount of time! The only thing we didn't get to do was put my sheets and stuff on because my mattress was still a little damp from the rain. I wasn't sure how I would feel about my room, but once we got it complete I loved it. I am so excited about it. All in all it was a good day besides the tarp not cooperating and the rain. Thanks so much to parents for all their help. I don't know what I would do without them! 
It is hard to believe that this is my last semester of college!! I am excited to see what God has in store for me during this last semester and for my future!


No comments:

Post a Comment