Monday, August 1, 2011

Missing the Good Ol' Days

This weekend has been insane, but it has really opened by eyes to certain things that I miss in my life. This weekend a friend that I used to go to church with Lee, his dad died. I also used to teach sunday school with Lee's mom Wendy and she is one of the sweetest people I know. This tragic time brought us all back together. The bonds that I formed with the people at Antioch are ones that I will treasure forever and last night after seeing everyone at the funeral home I realized how much I missed every single one of them. There was a time where the one person I could count on the most was a part of my every day life. Antioch brought us together, and I am so thankful for that. But as the years past, we have grown apart and that makes me sad. Last night was the first time I have seen him in years and much to my surprise we picked up right where we left off. It was like there was no time had elapsed in that moment. Those types of friendships are hard to find, and I am so grateful to have this in my life. We were such a close knit group at one time, and now we don't hardly ever see each other and that breaks my heart. These were the people that I shared my life with for so many years, the people that I spent every Sunday night with, the people who made me laugh constantly, the people I spent every summer with at Caswell writing those encouragement letters that we complained about, but looking back now that was the best idea ever (thanks rodney). These people have forever impacted my life and I will forever be grateful for the time I spent with them.  I just wish that things could go back to the way they used to be. I wish that I still saw these people on a regular basis. I was so excited when Jess called me the other day, and said let's plan a beach trip! I immediately said yes because I need some quality time with my long lost friends. This weekend has made me miss the good ol' days when life seemed much simpler. I know that times have changed, and we are all growing up and going our separate ways, but I will forever be thankful for these people who have changed my life forever. 
So to all of you (you know who you are)- I miss you. I love you. I will always love you. You guys are the best. Thanks for being the greatest friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment