Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

With Christmas approaching, I have had a lot of things on my mind. This month is one of my favorites because of Christmas and my birthday which this year I have decided that I am not celebrating. 24 just seems old to me, I am really trying not to think about it. Sometimes I can't help but think about it. As I look over the past 24 years of my life, I often times forget how truly blessed Iam. These blessings all started with my parents. I have known a lot of people that parents have gotten a divorce and it has been one of the hardest things they have had to deal with. For me, my parents divorce has been a blessing. My parents got divorced when I was nine months old, my mom remarried my amazing stepdad I.B. and my dad remarried my wonderful stepmom Pat. So not only do I have two parents, in reality I have four. One of the luckiest girls in the world? I think so. So that was the only beginning because my family just grew and grew. Out of all of this, I got two stepsisters who are amazing. The greatest gift two nephews and a niece, who are my whole heart. The person I am probably most grateful for is my SISTER! I consider her to be one of my very best friends and although we have had our fights (like all sisters do) we have only gotten stronger. I think everything she changed when she went off to college because we didn't get to see each other a whole lot, and at that point I realized how much I really needed her in my life!
Other great things that are happening this month are that my best friend Anna is coming home on the 18th from Argentina. I am so excited!!! It feels like she has been gone forever and Skype is just not the best way of communication. When something happens I want to be able to just pick up the phone and call her, I hate that I can't do that. So I am counting down the days until she returns, and can't wait to see her pretty face at the airport!
Also, exams start today which needless to say I am not thrilled about. I hate this time of the year. My face broke out like crazy the other night and I am sure it is just because I am stressed with all of my exams coming. My first one is today and honestly I do feel well prepared for it we shall see!

1 comment:

  1. Awww sissy! I love this blog! And I love you!! I am so grateful for you everyday, because I know if I need someone I can just pick up the phone and call you! You're always there for me! You're the best sister! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete