Monday, December 27, 2010

A White Christmas


Well Christmas has come and gone, and let me assure it will be one that I will not forget. This was a very good year as far as presents go, I received a new flat screen television for my bedroom, a Drew Brees jersey, a camelbak water bottle (cause I lost mine earlier this year), some bedroom slippers and many other things. On Christmas day we traveled to Union, SC to be with my mom's family and I was actually really excited about it. The main reason being because my cousin Forthe and I have gotten really close over the past few years since we now attend the same college and I was excited to spend some time with him and all of my aunts that I have not seen in quite a while. Christmas dinner was amazing, my grandma's dumplings are to die for!! Christmas was pretty good-no real family drama except for here and there, but overall I would say that it was a great Christmas.
On Christmas day, it begin snowing in Lincolnton pretty early, but we were in South Carolina and it did not start snowing there until about 9:30 that night, but it was so pretty. I know that I have complained a lot about the snow, but I really don't mind it when it is not messing up my plans to get home. One of the greatest things in the world was waking up Sunday morning with snow on the ground and the smell of my grandma's homemade biscuits...yum!! My dad was freaking out about us getting home, but we made it safe and sound.
This Christmas has taught me a lot about family, people always say that you can't choose your family which is so true, but honestly I would not have my family any other way. Yes, we are crazy at times (which is where the wine comes in when we can't take much more) but I had a blast this year with my family.


On to the next big thing which is my birthday in 2 days! Gosh, I really cannot believe that I will be 24 years out, times flies! I am looking forward to celebrating with my friends and loved ones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment