Sunday, December 19, 2010

Perfect Day

Well, going into yesterday (Saturday) I knew that it was going to be a great day. My best friend Anna was coming home for Argentina, but little did I know that this day was only going to get better. We got Anna at the airport and everyone was so happy! On our way home, my other best friend Emaly calls her mom because she wants to hear Anna's voice. We are still thinking okay nothing out of the ordinary. So Emaly interrupts Anna's conversation and says, "I have something to tell you." Em pulls a ring out of her pocket and says "I'm ENGAGED." Oh my goodness, we were all screaming and almost made Eddie (Anna's Dad) wreck because he had no idea what was going on. Michael proposed to Emaly Friday night and it could not have come a better time since Anna was coming home on Saturday. Emaly's ring is perfect and I could not be happier for her.

I say all of that to say this, I have know a ton of people who have gotten married or recently engaged over the past few years. It just makes me wonder, when is it going to be my turn? I know how selfish that is, but I cannot help but feel that way at times. It's not even that I am dying to get engaged or married, its just that I want that person in my life who makes my bad days feel better when I can come home and cry in his arms. The person who supports me constantly, and who I know is going to be there always. All I really want is that. It never fails that when I am feeling this way I get some encouragement for some amazing person in my life. That happened again last night. I was talking with my friend Laura Jo and telling her about Emaly's engagement and I just said something along the lines that everyone was getting engaged or something. She said to me "Your day will come." That was really all I needed to snap myself back into reality and to know that my day will come. God has never failed me before, and He is not going to fail me now. I know that my husband will come, when is not the issue. I am only 23 years old, I should be enjoying life and doing the things that I want to do.

This is not to say that people my age who are married or engaged are not old enough to be or should not be. God has decided it is just not time for me yet, and right now I am okay with that because I know that He has a purpose and plan for my life!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great blog! you are SO right! It's just not time; but is will come! love you girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter,

    Just felt like God was telling me to post something on your blog. I hope you actually see this, as I rarely see the commments people post on mine. Regardless, please know that God has an ultimate plan for you and your future husband. I know it is hard, believe me I don't have all the answers. What I will say is that, I have found that focusing on what your God-given passion/purpose is will bring you much more happiness than analyzing why God has not ordained this as the right time to send you your future husband. I have Psalm 139: 13-14 written on my mirror with a wipe-off marker, and it just reminds me that I was created specifically for a purpose by the creator of all mankind, he created me unique and loves me, and He doesn't think that there could ever be a more beautiful me. I focus on this truth on a daily basis. I try to spend my time becoming a better version of ME for God. I want to serve better, love better, and be more Christ-like each and every day. By doing this, it has helped me not feel so lonely on those days when I so long for God to send me my future husband. Don't get me wrong, I still have my moments, but after all, God controls it all, so what can we do about it? Focus on the positive, you said it yourself, you are only 23, I'm almost 29 (it could be worse, hehe). I hope this has been somewhat encouraging. God loves you so much, and one day his plan will be revealed!

    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete